Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Components to capture with Lync Server 2013 logging tool for troubleshooting RCC (Remote Call Control)

I’ve had to do quite a bit of troubleshooting with an Avaya and Lync Server 2010 RCC integration last year which was when I realized that simply selecting S4 and SIPStack as components in the logging tool did not provide any useful information.  Fast forward to a year later and I’m back to the same dilemma which made had realize that I completely forgot what components I selected in the past.  After reviewing my old notes to determine what I selected, I decided to write this post as a reminder for myself in the future and to help anyone who might be looking for this information.  Note that the following list includes S4 and SIPStack because they may log important information to assist the troubleshooting even though having them alone isn’t useful for RCC troubleshooting:

  1. ApplicationServer
  2. ExumRouting
  3. OutboundRouting
  4. S4
  5. SIPStack
  6. TranslationApplication
  7. UserServices

clip_image002clip_image002[4]

clip_image002[6]clip_image002[8]

clip_image002[10]clip_image002[12]

clip_image002[14]

Note the log entries related to the Avaya AES server:

image

1 comment:

Alejandro Araujo Rajzner said...

Cool post/reminder, not only for you but for all of us dealing with RCC.
Cheers!