Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Where’s the back of the Cisco UCS servers in the official Cisco provided Visio stencils?

I’ve been struggling with drawing out diagrams for a few Cisco UCS deployments as the stencils provided by Cisco did not appear to have all of the servers and when the new ones were made available on October 26, 2010, they seemingly did not have the rear/back end of the servers either. Thanks to a response I got from a fellow member of the Cisco community forums, it looks like it I’ve been wrong all this time and to view the other end of the servers, all you needed to do was right click on the shapes and select rear.

Silly me, as I’ve been working around this by drawing logical diagrams instead of using proper views of the shapes. I should seriously consider going on Visio training. :)

To download the stencils, visit: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html

image

Open up the stencils in Visio:

2009 Stencils:

image

2010 Stencils:

image

Draw anyone of the shapes into the actual document, right-click and choose rear:

image

image

Hope this helps anyone out there that may be just as Visio challenged as myself. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much! I was looking for the rear stencils and found this page. Very helpful and thank you for sharing!