Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Error enabling UM Auto Attendant with: ‘Abc-AA’ linked to auto attendant ‘Abc-AA’ isn’t enabled.

I’m not sure if this is a but or not but I ran into an minor annoyance today while configuring auto attendants within Exchange Server 2010 RTM (Version 14.0 – Build 639.21). The AA’s aren’t going to be live just yet so I created around 10 of them for the call flow requirements I received and left all of them as disabled. Once I completed the configuration and was ready to test, I began enabling them and that’s when I received the following error for one of the prompts:

Action ‘Enable” could not be performed on object ‘Abc-AA’.

Error: The auto attendant ‘Abc-AA’ linked to auto attendant ‘Abc-AA’ isn’t enabled.

image

Since the error message stated that this AA can not be enabled because another AA (itself) wasn’t enabled, it took me a minute to realize why it was referencing itself and it was because I have a key mapping that gives the user the option of repeating the AA. Talk about thinking recursively! :)

So to fix this, all I had to do was go into the key mappings to remove the reference to itself:

image

Once the reference to itself was removed, I was able to enable the AA.

No comments: