Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Error message when clicking on “Download and Install” Nexus 1000v Plug-in in Plug-in Manager

Have you ever tried clicking on the Download and Install option for the Nexus 1000v?

image

What you’ll notice is that when you do, you’ll get the following error:

An internal error occurred in the vSphere Client.

Details: Invalid URI: The URI is empty.

Contact VMware support if necessary.

image

This is actually expected behavior and I joked about it with a VMware support engineer when I asked him when we were troubleshooting another issue. He laughed about it as well saying he already brought this up internally and how this generates support calls.

I went as far as suggesting that I’ll go click on this several times a day and click on the Report Error to VMware … button just so I can help get the message to VMware. As I asked if I should click on it now, he responds with:

“No, don’t report it!”

By the way, the engineer I was working with was Chris K. and he was extremely helpful/knowledgeable on the other issue we had to deal with.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm getting the same importing the extensions from Cisco UCS (same as 1000v).

Terence Luk said...

Hi Randy,

As I indicated in my post, this is actually "by design".

Radek said...

OK, if it is "by design" - how to actually install the plugin?

In my case it simply fails because on this error