Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Signing into Lync with the Android mobile client errors out with: “Can’t sign in. Please check your account information and try again.”

I’ve been asked quite a few times over the last few months about issues signing into Lync with the mobile client on smartphones so I thought it would be a good idea to write a short post for anyone new to the client and have problems signing in.

Problem

You’ve deployed Lync Server 2010 Mobility Service and began testing with corporate smartphones but when you sign in, you receive the following error:

Can’t sign in. Please check your account information and try again.

image

Solution

I found this is one of the most asked questions I get from users who are testing this and the reason why the device is unable to sign is in because the user name settings requires the domain to be included.  Begin by going into the options of the mobile app:

image

Then proceed to edit the User name field:

image

Enter the domain name and user name in the format: domain\username:

imageimage

Proceed with signing in once the correct user name has been entered:

image

The mobile application should now be able to sign in:

imageimageimageimageimageimage

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you please help us with server settings

Bharat Samaria said...

Thanks, It really made my day

Anonymous said...

Thanks Luk.

Unknown said...

I have the same problem and the screen looks exactly as your first screen shot. However I cannot work out how you get from this to the "Options" of the app, i.e. the next screen shot. Am I missing something?

satish said...

What about sign out option , here it is not showing sign out and in my skype if i logout also it will show inactive Mobile as a status please help me