Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

VMware vCenter Update Manager – “Database temporarily unavailable or has network problems.”

While the following message can be caused by many reasons, I thought I’d list the one I encountered a few months back while deploying VUM.

Error Message:

There was an error connecting to VMware vCenter Update Manager - [serverName.domain.com: 8084].

Database temporarily unavailable or has network problems.

image

In my case, it was caused by service not running as the proper service account that has access to the database.

image

Once I changed the account to the proper service account that had access to the VUM database, the error message went away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! Many Thanks

Anonymous said...

I also encountered this on VC 4.1. It would be nice to have VMware include this!!! Thanks!