I’m not sure what caused this error when I was uninstalling SmartSIP so I won’t assume that it’s because of the application but rather a combination of the server being Windows Server 2008 R2, the hotfixes installed, UAC, and possibly the OCS version I had installed on the server already. I’ve ran into many of these problems in the past and it’s almost always a combination of things on the server.
If you ever run into the following error during an install:
Error 1001. An exception occurred while uninstalling. This exception will be ignored and the uninstall will continue. However the application might not fully uninstall after the uninstall is complete. –> The specified service does not exist as an installed service
I’m sure it’s possible to hacked away at the registry removing the services, the reference in the Programs and Features but the way that I got the package to uninstall properly was to not use the Programs and Features window to right click the SmartSIP application and choose uninstall. What you want to do is double click on the installation package and click remove in the wizard:
Once you uninstall it with this method, you will no longer run into the error message in the screenshot above.