Came across an interesting issue with OCS 2007 R2 on an HP Proliant G5 Series servers. I’m not sure if this is specific to this type of server but I haven’t had this issue on any other servers I’ve worked with such as IBM or Dell:
OCS 2007 R2 on HP G5 server.
OCS related service will not able to boot up normally.
Server will hang up to ten or more minutes.
Configure service dependency for OCS related service.
1. Logon to FE server
2. Run services.msc
3. Find the service named “WMI performance Adapter” and change the startup type to “automatic”
4. Run regedit
5. Expand “HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services”
Modify all OCS related service to depend on “WMI performance Adapter”.
The steps are identical but we’ll use the “RTCsrv” as an example.
- Find the key name “RTCsrv”
- In right panel, double click “dependonservice”(If it does not exist, create a new one as “reg_multi_sz”)
- Add a line “WMIapsvr” and save it
Repeat the process for all OCS related services.
6. To identify what services are related to OCS find the ones that start with “RTC”.