You have a desktop in a Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 Existing pool that you need to rename so you proceed with the following:
- Remove it from the existing desktop group
- Delete it from the desktop catalog
- Clone the virtual machine in vCenter to a new name so that the flat files corresponds to the virtual machine name
- Log into the new virtual desktop and rename the Windows name
- Restart the desktop
- Right click on the same Existing catalog and select Add Machines
- Select the newly cloned virtual machine
What you notice is that as you get to the prompt where you select a Active Directory computer account and select the new renamed computer account, you receive the following error:
The computer domain\computername could not be imported because User domain\computername could not be found.
Clicking the OK button displays another window with the error:
Sequence contains no elements
I’m not exactly sure why but this has happened to me twice over the past month and the resolution for both incidents was to restart the DDCs. Once the DDCs are restarted, I am then able to add the machines with the new account.