Pages

Friday, June 23, 2023

Useful Kusto Query / KQL queries for Azure Firewall Troubleshooting

I do not often have the opportunity to do as many hands on deployment of Azure services on projects due to my role as an architect so when I do, I tend to spend a lot of time working with the service to try and understand the ins and outs of the product. One of my recent projects provided me the opportunity to deploy the Azure firewall that I designed and I noticed that there weren’t many Kusto query examples available for troubleshooting inbound and outbound traffic so I wanted to post a link to my GitHub repo where I have and continue to build upon KQL queries for querying Azure Firewall logs to monitor traffic: https://github.com/terenceluk/Azure/blob/main/Kusto%20KQL/Azure-Firewall.kusto

I tried to demonstrate as many customizations such as time zones, days ago, start and end time, variables that allowed these basic KQL queries to help me troubleshoot all the Teams outbound traffic that were being blocked as well as weekly reporting I needed to deliver to the client. Hope this helps anyone who might be looking for example queries and can use these as a start.

No comments: