Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

vCenter management network properties doesn’t change after reconfiguring IP and VLAN

Not much of a problem but it looks like vCenter caches the management network and takes a bit of time to refresh after you make a change to the Management Network port group. I noticed this when I had to change the IP and VLAN for the management network of the hosts for a client and after reconfiguring it, I would still see the old IP and VLAN.

image

What I ended up doing was hit the Refresh button in the Configuration tab and once the task completed, the new management network information was displayed properly.

image

What I naturally assumed was that vCenter doesn’t refresh the information immediately after the change and probably does it after a certain amount of time has passed.

No comments: