Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Problems copying startup config to running config on Nexus 1000v

This post has nothing to do with the design or functionality of the Nexus 1000v but more of a mistake I managed to make without really thinking. I always joked with clients about how my CCNA has expired 2 years ago and how my IOS skills have gone from mediocre to below average and as funny as I always thought that sounded, this is definitely a story to tell others in the future. Nonetheless, I hope anyone that might experience the mistake I made will find this post through the error message that gets printed out.

The short and skinny:

While configuring the VLANs on a Nexus 1000v, I would constantly run into an error message when typing copy start run which is short for copy startup-config running-config. I bet all you networking engineers out there are already laughing at me but for those who didn’t catch that, the command is incorrect because what I meant to type was really copy running-config startup-config. If you manage to make the same mistake as I did, you’ll see the following:

rsa keys already present, use force option to overwrite them

Syntax error while parsing ‘limit-resource u4route-mem minimum 32 maximum

% Invalid command

Syntax error while parsing ‘limit-resource u4route-mem minimum 3216 maximum

% Invalid command

System Image Url: bootflash:/nexus-1000v-mz.4.0.4.SV1.3b.bin is already in boot system image list of sup-1

System Image Url: bootflash:/nexus-1000v-mz.4.0.4.SV1.3b.bin is already in boot system image list of sup-2

ERROR: Cannot change connection configuration in ‘Enabled state.

ERROR: Cannot change connection configuration in ‘Enabled state.

ERROR: Cannot change data-center name in connected state.

image

To fix this problem, type the proper command. :)

No comments: